Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – A thirty-year-old athletic coach from a St Catherine based high school is to appear before the St Catherine Parish Court tomorrow following accusations that he abducted and raped a female student last month.
Reports from the police are that about 2:00 pm on December 13, 2017, the coach offered the female student a ride to the bus stop after she completed track and field training.
The accused reportedly drove past the child’s bus stop and onto a dirt track off the Spanish Town bypass, close to the El Prado Verde housing scheme in St Catherine, where he sexually assaulted her.
The matter was reported to the police on December 19, 2017 and an investigation launched.
The Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA) arrested the accused last Monday and charged him with abduction, indecent assault and rape of the 16-year-old female student.
More Caribbean Stories
- T&T expands coronavirus travel restrictions February 27, 2020
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020
- Guyana begins search for company to market its crude February 27, 2020
- Guyana: Teenager found guilty of raping boy, 7 February 27, 2020
- Trinidad: Les Coteaux man charged with setting woman on fire February 27, 2020
- Jamaica: School bus operator charged with rape, grievous sexual assault February 27, 2020