Share This On:
(JAMAICA STAR) – Residents in Tangle River, St James, are in shock following the death of one of their beloved community members, who seemingly fell to his death early Tuesday morning after a night of drinking.
He has been identified as 48-year-old labourer Shawn Anthony Watkins, otherwise called ‘Wasp’.
The Spring Mount police reported that on Monday night, Watkins was drinking with friends at a number of shops and bars in the community.
He was last seen walking down the main road towards his home. It is believed that he stopped to urinate, when he fell over an embankment.
About 8 a.m., residents stumbled upon his body lying in bushes.
The police were summoned, the scene was processed, and Watkins was transported to hospital where he was officially pronounced dead.
Uriah Anderson, Watkins’ cousin, said that he was a good man “weh don’t trouble people”.
“But a one thing, him drink nuff rum,” Anderson said. “Whenever yuh see him is like him always a drink. Him don’t have time fi trouble anybody, him just drink him rum.”
One resident, Nigel, told THE WEEKEND STAR that he was with Watkins on Monday night.
“Him lef wi and all a wi think him gone home, but wi hear seh him stop a several other bar inna the area … only fi hear seh dem find him dead ova precipice the following morning,” he said, describing Watkins was an “irie man” who was very jovial.
More Caribbean Stories
- CCJ rejects appeal for commission on sale of land February 14, 2020
- Entrepreneurial school to be established in the BVI February 14, 2020
- BVI: Police officer suing commissioner for not promoting him February 14, 2020
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020
- Haiti health workers say 13 children died in orphanage fire February 14, 2020
- Royal Caribbean signs agreement with Antigua for first Royal Beach Club February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Rastafarian wins ganja case February 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop charged with being gang member, child sex trafficking February 14, 2020