Share This On:
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Feb 2, CMC – The main opposition People’s National Party (PNP) Saturday condemned the murder of its legislator, Dr. Lynvale Bloomfield, who was stabbed at his home.
The police Corporate Communications Unit (CCU) said it could not provide details at the moment regarding the murder of the Member of Parliament for Portland Eastern.
Bloomfield’s body was found inside his home by a worker in Paisley Gardens, Portland, a parish located on Jamaica’s northeast coast.
But in a condolence message, Prime Minister Andrew Holness said that despite “being on the other side of the aisle, “we knew of his love for his constituents and Jamaica”.
Holness said he was “shocked” at the death and “the entire Jamaica Labour Party family and Jamaicans are mourning”.
The PNP said that along with the entire Jamaica, it is “shocked, shaken and saddened” by the murder of Dr. Bloomfield, a medical doctor.
Opposition and PNP Leader, Dr Peter Phillips said Dr Bloomfield devoted years of his life to service to the Jamaican people as a medical practitioner and as an elected representative.
“No Jamaican should ever have to suffer at the hands of criminals in their own country. The death of Dr Bloomfield must not be allowed to go unpunished, the police must employ what is necessary for a full and complete investigation and the perpetrators must be brought to justice.” Dr Phillips said.
He said wanton acts of criminality across the country leave too many families and sectors in mourning and rob the nation of its best potential.
“On behalf of the entire PNP family, I extend condolences to Dr Bloomfield family, friends and associates.” Dr Phillips said.
More Jamaica News Stories
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman attacked by pit bull wants compensation October 14, 2019
- Jamaican man defrauded elderly US couple out of US$320,000 October 14, 2019
- Five-week-old baby stolen in Jamaica October 14, 2019
- Jamaica: Man learns 5 kids are not his; still plans to marry woman October 14, 2019
- Jamaican woman has three sets of twins October 11, 2019
- Jamaica: “Prekeh Bwoy” tops police wanted list October 9, 2019