Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — A man is dead and two people reportedly hospitalized following a shooting incident on Rembrandt Close off Manchester Road in Mandeville, Saturday night.
Locals said the shooting took place before the 8:00 pm curfew imposed by the government to contain the spread of COVID-19.
At minutes after 10.00 pm when OBSERVER ONLINE arrived the corpse was still at the scene as police carried out their investigations.
One resident who spoke with the OBSERVER ONLINE on condition of anonymity said he tried to get home before the start of the curfew, but was barred due to the police cordoning off the area.
“Mi run taxi and a 7:45 mi reach my street because mi a try reach in [home] before the curfew. Mi surprise when mi see crime scene tape and police. Right yah now mi stranded out pon the road until the police finish them work. Is one way in and one way out, so mi stuck out here,” he said.
- Fewer Jamaican teachers died since schools were closed says JTA president
- Jamaica records 10th COVID-19 death
- Jamaica: Seven people in prison for over 40 years each without trial — INDECOM
- Jamaican teen suicide shocks family
- Jamaica: Woman says pastor set “bloodsucking demons” on her family
- Jamaica: Cops challenge constitutionality of appeal being held via Zoom
- Jamaica: Mother dies trying to rescue children from fire
- Jamaica: Woman charged with murder after allegedly pouring hot oil on taxi driver
- COVID-19 screening online platform to be launched soon in Jamaica