Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) Minister of National Security, Dr Horace Chang, and two of his bodyguards were involved in a motor vehicle crash this morning.
In a statement, a ministry spokesperson explained that the crash happened about 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of Shortwood and Grants Pen road in St Andrew.
The spokesperson said they were en route to the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston.
The spokesperson did not disclose the cause of the crash.
Chang and his bodyguards were taken to the University Hospital of the West Indies where they were examined.
According to the spokesperson, the security minister did not sustain any injuries however his bodyguards sustained minor injuries and were treated before being released.
Chang is said to be in good spirits and is thankful for the outpouring of support.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaican man pleads not guilty to killing US girlfriend February 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Trusted neighbour molests 6-y-o child February 18, 2020
- Jamaica: Rastafarian wins ganja case February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Woman believes demons killed her granddaughter February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Drama teacher arrested after pretending to be a cop for years February 13, 2020
- Jamaican deportee laments leaving three kids behind in Britain February 12, 2020
- Jamaicans to be trained by PAHO to test for coronavirus February 11, 2020
- Several Jamaicans now on deportation flight, despite UK court ruling February 11, 2020
- Jamaican isolated after symptoms progress amid Coronavirus concern February 11, 2020