Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — The school community at Munro College in St Elizabeth is in mourning following the death of third form student 14-year-old Diego DeSouza who passed away in his sleep in the early hours of this morning.
In a statement this afternoon, a spokesperson indicated that preliminary investigations reveal that he died of natural causes.
No further information was provided.
DeSouza was described as an affable, well-respected and prodigious footballer.
The spokesperson stated that the school family, with the assistance of trained personnel from the Ministry of Education and surrounding schools, is providing support to affected persons.
The Munro College family has extended its deepest sympathies to Diego’s family and friends.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Kanye West to bring Sunday Service music worship to Jamaica October 18, 2019
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman attacked by pit bull wants compensation October 14, 2019
- Jamaican man defrauded elderly US couple out of US$320,000 October 14, 2019