Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — The school community at Munro College in St Elizabeth is in mourning following the death of third form student 14-year-old Diego DeSouza who passed away in his sleep in the early hours of this morning.
In a statement this afternoon, a spokesperson indicated that preliminary investigations reveal that he died of natural causes.
No further information was provided.
DeSouza was described as an affable, well-respected and prodigious footballer.
The spokesperson stated that the school family, with the assistance of trained personnel from the Ministry of Education and surrounding schools, is providing support to affected persons.
The Munro College family has extended its deepest sympathies to Diego’s family and friends.
- Jamaica: Churchgoers warn of mark of the beast, new world order
- Tourists may need COVID ‘passport’ to visit Jamaica
- Officials expect rise in COVID-19 cases after over 200 Jamaicans return home
- Jamaica: Egg farmer kills 12,000 chickens to cut losses
- No infrastructure in Jamaica should be named after politicians – MP Everald Warmington
- Jamaican student turns to porn for income due to COVID-19 crisis
- Jamaica: Five bodies found in two shallow graves
- 100 recover from COVID-19 in Jamaica
- Stranded Jamaicans in Barbados lambast authorities for not assisting them