Share This On:
(JAMAICA STAR) A man is in hospital under police guard while a manhunt has been launched for three of his alleged cronies following a brazen attempt to rob a church yesterday.
The incident took place at the grounds of the Andrews Memorial United Church on Ward Avenue, Mandeville, where four men were seen removing items.
Reports from the Mandeville police are that four men broke into the church about 3:20 Sunday morning by breaking a glass window and proceeded to remove items of value from the church.
During the process, an alarm was triggered which alerted a security response team to the premises. On arrival, the security team saw four men on the church compound. A confrontation reportedly developed and one man was shot. The other three persons escaped.
More Jamaica News Stories
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019
- Jamaican Ameera Perkins in the midst of Kanye West’s mass choir October 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Kanye West to bring Sunday Service music worship to Jamaica October 18, 2019
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019