Share This On:
(JAMAICA STAR) – There are now fifty-nine confirmed cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Jamaica.
The new addition is a 43-year-old male from Portland, who mode of transmission is under investigation.
He brings to seven the number of cases under investigation while thirty are imported cases and twenty-two are import-related.
So far, 32 males and 27 females have tested positive. The cases range in age from twelve (12) to eighty-seven (87) years.
The average age is 50 years.
Of the 59 confirmed cases:
• 2 or three per cent are less than 20 years old;
• 3 or five per cent are between 20 and 29 years old;
• 11 or 19 per cent are between 30 and 39 years old;
• 9 or 15 per cent are between 40 and 49 years old;
• 16 or 28 per cent are between 50 and 59 years old;
• 10 or 17 per cent are between 60 and 69 years old;
• 7 or 12 per cent are between 70 and 80 years old; and
• One person is 87 years old.
Eight patients have fully recovered from COVID-19, while three have died.
There are currently 38 persons in quarantine in a Government facility, while sixty-two are in isolation.
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- Jamaica: Cockburn Gardens residents protest police killing
- Jamaica: Montego Bay airport prepares to welcome visitors
- Jamaica: Man who raped eight women had his sentence cut in half
- Jamaica: Western high schools prepare for partial resumption of classes
- Jamaica: Mother and daughter killed 12 years apart
- Jamaica: Jodian Fearon funeral set for Saturday
- Jamaica: 15-year-old drowns during river trip
- Fewer Jamaican teachers died since schools were closed says JTA president