Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — The 26- year-old woman who has been accused of stealing a baby in the parking lot at the Cornwall Regional Hospital in St James over a week ago, has been remanded into custody until next week Tuesday.
The January 22 mention date was set when Melissa Harriot of Norwood, St James, who was formally charged with child stealing, made an appearance in the St James Parish Court today.
Harriot and her boyfriend were arrested by the police in Norwood following the recovery of the baby on January 6.
It is not clear if any charges were laid against Harriot’s boyfriend.
Reports are that on January 4, the baby’s mother had asked Harriot, who allegedly befriended her, to hold the baby while she went to the restroom.
However, when the mother returned, both her baby and the accused were nowhere to be found.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: 21 year-old woman arrested after stolen Baby Nyyear found January 23, 2020
- Jamaica: Baby Bolt on the way January 23, 2020
- Pregnant Jamaican mom found dead in male bathroom January 23, 2020
- US Secretary of State arrives in Jamaica January 22, 2020
- Jamaica: Mom blames doctor for 13 year-old daughter’s death January 21, 2020
- Jamaica: 25 die in road crashes since start of year January 21, 2020