Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – An American woman was arrested for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act at the Sangster International Airport here on Tuesday, after she was found with 2.35 ounces of marijuana in her possession.
She has been identified as 28-year-old Simone Brown of Chicago, Illinois.
According to a report from the police Corporate Communications Unit (CCU), a police team, along with port security personnel, were conducting special operations at the Montego Bay Shipping Terminal about 4:50 pm when Brown approached at the checkpoint and searched.
The drug was found in her possession and she was subsequently arrested and charged with possession of ganja and taking steps to export ganja.
She is scheduled to appear in the St James Parish Court tomorrow.
- Registered Venezuelans want more time in Trinidad and Tobago
- Jamaica: Western high schools prepare for partial resumption of classes
- Trinidad: Stopped by cops, drunk driver hops into back seat
- Jamaica: Mother and daughter killed 12 years apart
- 29 ecstatic Trinidad and Tobago nationals return home
- Trinidad businessmen apologise for racist posts
- Jamaica: Jodian Fearon funeral set for Saturday
- Jamaica: 15-year-old drowns during river trip
- Returning Trinidad nationals may soon face COVID-19 quarantine fee