Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – An American woman was arrested for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act at the Sangster International Airport here on Tuesday, after she was found with 2.35 ounces of marijuana in her possession.
She has been identified as 28-year-old Simone Brown of Chicago, Illinois.
According to a report from the police Corporate Communications Unit (CCU), a police team, along with port security personnel, were conducting special operations at the Montego Bay Shipping Terminal about 4:50 pm when Brown approached at the checkpoint and searched.
The drug was found in her possession and she was subsequently arrested and charged with possession of ganja and taking steps to export ganja.
She is scheduled to appear in the St James Parish Court tomorrow.
More Caribbean Stories
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Guyana: Tuschen residents nabbed with over 90lbs of marijuana October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: Five killed in Guyana accident October 15, 2019
- UPDATE: 5 killed in horrific traffic accident in Guyana October 15, 2019