Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – AN earthquake with a magnitude of 5.2 rocked sections of Kingston yesterday, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or destruction to property.
The Earthquake Unit at the Mona campus of The University of the West Indies said that the quake, which occurred about 9.35 am (local time), was located offshore approximately 150 kilometres west of Negril, Westmoreland,.
It said that the quake was reportedly felt in the parishes of Kingston and St Andrew and had a focal depth of 13.0 km.
More Caribbean Stories
- Grenada: Bus conductor fined for defecating in public October 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019