Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – AN earthquake with a magnitude of 5.2 rocked sections of Kingston yesterday, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or destruction to property.
The Earthquake Unit at the Mona campus of The University of the West Indies said that the quake, which occurred about 9.35 am (local time), was located offshore approximately 150 kilometres west of Negril, Westmoreland,.
It said that the quake was reportedly felt in the parishes of Kingston and St Andrew and had a focal depth of 13.0 km.
- Opposition wins Suriname elections
- St. Kitts-Nevis elections: Dr. Harris hails historic victory as vote count continues
- Trinidad: Mom, 56, son, 29, shot to death in home invasion
- Trinidad man in Suriname begs to come home
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- Jamaica: Cockburn Gardens residents protest police killing
- Jamaica: Montego Bay airport prepares to welcome visitors
- Cocaine from Trinidad found in soya nuggets in the US
- Jamaica: Man who raped eight women had his sentence cut in half