Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – A 48-year-old woman who reportedly solicited $1,500 from a 13-year-old boy in exchange for sex was offered $200,000 bail when she appeared in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court last week.
The accused was offered bail by Senior Parish Judge Chester Crooks, on a charge of having sex with a person under 16.
She was offered bail on condition that she resides with her sister in Kingston and reports three times daily to the Trench Town Police Station.
The judge also warned the accused not to contact the witness as a part of her bail condition.
According to the report filed by the police, on the day in question the complainant went over the accused woman’s house where she allegedly hugged him and asked him if he wanted to pay her for sex. Allegations are that the complainant left and went and got the money and the accused had sex with him.
Later in the night, someone spotted the child leaving the woman’s house and brought it to the attention of his mother who was told what had happened.
The matter was reported and the woman was arrested and charged by the Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse.
The accused woman is scheduled to return to court on October 26.
More Caribbean Stories
- Record year in stayover and cruise arrivals for the Caribbean February 26, 2020
- Barbados: Quarantined students ‘given clean bill of health’ February 26, 2020
- Barbados: Paternity leave ‘coming soon’ February 26, 2020
- Trinidad: Woman dragged as costume gets caught in truck February 26, 2020
- Jamaica: Man who was on most wanted list freed of murder February 26, 2020
- Trinidad: Cleared of coronavirus but student to stay quarantined February 26, 2020
- Jamaica: Seven cops in traffic accidents in five days February 26, 2020
- Trinidad-born Nicki Minaj parties at ‘first Carnival’ February 26, 2020