Share This On:
The former Cal star, whose career was cut short due to concussions, has already met the pre-qualifying minimum time and hopes to represent St. Lucia in the 100 meters at the Summer Games.
Best’s father is a native of the Caribbean nation, although Jahvid Best is not yet a citizen, the Detroit Free Press reported.
What are his chances? Newly signed Lions receiver Marvin Jones, also a Cal alum and whose sister Vanessa Jones is a U.S. track hopeful, says Best isn’t just blazing fast.
“He has Olympic speed,” said Marvin Jones, who called Best the most eye-opening burner he’s ever seen on a football field.
More Sports Stories
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019
- SUPER50: Centurions Bravo, Solozano crush Volcanoes November 8, 2019
- SUPER50: Debutante Savory leads Guyana Jaguars to tight win November 8, 2019
- Super50: Pride take the sting out of Scorpions November 8, 2019
- Jamaican Olympic sprinter Michael Fray dies in apparent suicide November 7, 2019