Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Jade Mountain resort is the number one hotel in St. Lucia, according to readers of the influential Travel + Leisure (T+L) magazine, which also placed its sister hotel Anse Chastanet in the top five on the island.
According to the magazine’s 2018 World’s Best Awards, the renowned resorts took the first and third place, respectively, on the island of St. Lucia, and second and sixth spots, respectively, in the Caribbean, Bermuda, and the Bahamas category. Additionally, Jade Mountain was ranked among the Top 100 Hotels in the World.
Respected travel editor Jacqueline Gifford explained that every year for the World’s Best Awards survey T+L asks readers to weigh in on travel experiences around the globe – to share their opinions on the top hotels, resorts, cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more. Hotels are rated on their facilities, location, service, food and overall value.
This year’s list spans 12 countries and territories, including St. Bart’s, Aruba, the Bahamas, Bermuda and Anguilla. “But St. Lucia took home the most winning hotels,” she explained, five to be exact, including honeymoon mainstays Jade Mountain and Anse Chastanet Resort, whose open-air rooms wowed visitors. “The service, private beach, and views were incredible,” remarked one honeymooner of Jade Mountain, which sits higher up on the hill from Anse Chastanet. “We hope to go back for our 10th anniversary.”
“We would like to extend special thanks to Travel + Leisure’s readers who have once again recognized that small, luxury, sustainability and top St. Lucian service make a formidable combination,” said Karolin Troubetzkoy, the resorts’ executive director, who recently recognized her own team for their consistent pursuit of excellence in the hospitality industry.
Troubetzkoy congratulated St. Lucian hotels Ladera Resort, Cap Maison and Marigot Bay Resort & Marina for making the Top 25 list as well as Frangipani Beach Resort in Anguilla for taking the top spot in the region.
Jade Mountain was named number 56 in the world while Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, in Indonesia ranked in first place. The results of the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2018 are featured at www.travelandleisure.com/worlds-best and in the August issue of Travel + Leisure magazine.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM