PRESS RELEASE – Fodor’s Travel, , the leading name in travel guides for more than 75 years, today announced that JADE MOUNTAIN has been recognized as a 2014 Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award winner.
This distinction designates JADE MOUNTAIN as an outstanding hotel as selected by Fodor’s editors and travel experts, recognizing high style, excellent service and a remarkable experience for guests.
Each year, Fodor’s Travel invites their roster of 500 global contributors to nominate the best hotels in the destinations they live and write in. Fodor’s senior editorial team deliberated on over 4,000 Fodor’s Choice picks, poring over the list for months and narrowing their top selections into eight categories:
• All-Inclusive Vacations — From Antigua to Australia, these properties take care of all the details, so you can fast-forward to complete relaxation.
• Beach Getaways — If you dream of sandy beaches and lapping waves, consider escaping to one of these 12 resorts, from Oahu to Cancun.
• Boutique Chic — Tightly curated décor and local style define these 15 smaller hotels, from Calistoga to Zurich.
• Country Retreats — Romance and relaxation are among the draws at these 11 scenic properties, ranging from grand estates to mountaintop hideaways.
• Enduring Classics — These legendary properties around the world, from Rio to Paris, are more impressive than ever.
• Modern City — Sleek design and desirable addresses are the calling cards of these stylish urban hotels.
• Small Hotels — At these intimate hotels, all with fewer than 50 guest rooms, expect personalized attention and one-of-a-kind experiences.
• Trip of A Lifetime — From Saint Lucia to Botswana, these 12 iconic destinations belong on every traveler’s bucket list.
“At Fodor’s Travel, we know our travelers have high expectations from the moment they check into a hotel — and so do we,” explained Arabella Bowen, Fodor’s Travel Editor in Chief.
“Our 100 Fodor’s Hotel Award winners go above and beyond these expectations with their winning mix of service, setting, style, and amenities. We’re confident that a night at any of these properties will be a highlight of the trip.”
As a 2014 Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award-winning property, JADE MOUNTAIN will be featured on www.Fodors.com. A complete list of all 100 selected hotels is available at http://www.fodors.com/hotel-awards/2014/.
“ We here at Jade Mountain are very honored to be recognized as one of the Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award winners in the section Trip of a Lifetime”, says Karolin Troubetzkoy who together with her husband Nick are the hands-on resort owners.
Nick, who is also the architect behind Jade Mountain, adds: “In our creation of Jade Mountain, we wanted to celebrate not only Saint Lucia’s stunning scenery but present our guests with an environment where the combination of the ethereal view with earth, air and water unlocks the potential for a profound and magical level of enjoyment and celebration.
The adventurous journey to your sanctuary is via a long suspended sky bridge to infinity which is yours and yours alone. The infinity pool in front of you is a luminescent Persian carpet floating you out into space, to hover over the Caribbean Sea, hypnotized by St Lucia’s magnificent Piton Mountains.”
Fodor’s Travel covers 7,500 destinations and more than 17,000 of the best hotels around the globe, each of which receives an in-person evaluation. Fodor’s editors’ decades of experience helps take the guesswork out of trip planning, recommending only those hotels, restaurants, and things to do that meet their high standards, and designating the absolute musts with “Fodor’s Choice.”
Whether travelers use print guidebooks, ebooks, mobile apps, or Fodors.com, Fodor’s provides highly curated advice on how to travel smarter, including the best arts and culture offerings, where to eat and stay at every price point, and tips and strategies for an authentic and immersive experience.