Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Information reaching Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia Inc alleges the Government of Saint Lucia will proceed to Parliament next week to amend the Millennium Heights Medical Complex Act No. 1 of 2015, from a Statutory Body of the Government of Saint Lucia, to facilitate full privatization of Owen King EU Hospital, the Mental Wellness Center which will be used as a Medical University and subsequently St. Jude Hospital.
Further, it is alleged that mental patients will be returned to their communities for community/family based mental health care and those who are in need of hospitalization will be referred to Victoria Hospital.
Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia Inc opposes in the strongest possible way the Privatization of the Public Health System and insists that privatization will result in the marginalization of vulnerable populations, such as women and children who are without the necessary resources to access health care, we continue to call on the Government of Saint Lucia to open Owen King EU Hospital and complete and open St. Jude’s Hospital with haste.
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM