Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Invest Saint Lucia has been awarded the Best Investment Award for Latin America and the Caribbean.
The announcement was made at the recent Annual Investment Awards on the margins of the renowned Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) held in Dubai from 9th to 11th April 2018, an initiative of the UAE Ministry of Economy of the United Arab Emirates.
Launched in 2010, the AIM is considered “the world’s leading and most established gathering of the international investment community, leading academics and experts showcasing up-to-date information, strategies and knowledge on attracting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). It serves as a unique platform to meet, network, and exchange experiences, explore business opportunities and sign cooperation agreements and partnerships”.
The AIM awards, an important feature of the investment conference, has become a global recognition of the best investment promotion agencies (IPAs) attracting the best investment project in a given year. Nine (9) global regions were assessed ranging from Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania.
Invest Saint Lucia was initially shortlisted after investment experts from all over the world gathered information on the most interesting worldwide investment projects contracted or commissioned during 2017.
Consequently, The Pearl of the Caribbean was regarded as an exemplary project based on assessment criteria – Investment Size, Trade Balance Effects, Knowledge Transfer, Investor Servicing Process, Sustainability and Local Linkages, Impact on Country Competitiveness & FDI Attraction. The shortlisted IPAs and projects were assessed by a panel of nine (9) international experts representing the identified regions of the world. Invest Saint Lucia and the Pearl of the Caribbean emerged victorious following this review.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM