Share This On:
JAMAICA OBSERVER – The Hollywood-worthy recapture of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman took a stunning turn Sunday as authorities sought to question US actor Sean Penn over his interview with the Mexican drug kingpin.
A federal official told AFP that the attorney general’s office wants to talk with Penn and Mexican actress Kate del Castillo about their secretive meeting with Guzman in October, three months before his capture.
“That is correct, of course, it’s to determine responsibilities,” the official said on condition of anonymity, declining to provide more details.
A second federal official said it was unclear whether Penn and del Castillo, who brokered the meeting, committed a crime.
While a reporter could interview a drug cartel suspect, “they’re not journalists,” the official said.
- India: Woman gives birth, then walks 160km with her newborn baby
- New York pastor says his parish lost 44 people to coronavirus
- Afghanistan: ‘Sheer evil’ maternity ward attack death toll rises to 24
- Venezuelan opposition advisers resign after failed operation to oust Nicolas Maduro
- ‘Oldest woman in Spain’ beats COVID-19 at age 113
- UK rail worker dies with COVID-19 after being spat at
- Babies killed as gunmen storm maternity ward in Afghanistan
- IRS wants relief cheques sent to the dead taxpayers returned
- Father, son charged with killing black man Ahmaud Arbery