Share This On:
CNN – A North Dakota man claiming to be Jesus Christ was arrested Wednesday in Washington, where he had traveled with a plan to kidnap one of the First Family’s pet dogs, law enforcement officials said Friday.
Scott Stockert was detained at a downtown Hampton Inn after U.S. Secret Service agents, acting on a warning from the Minnesota Field Office, found several unregistered weapons in his truck.
During an interview with Stockert, the man told agents he had unloaded firearms under the backseat of his truck and allowed them to search the vehicle which was parked around the corner.
Agents recovered a black 12 -gauge pump shotgun with a pistol grip, and a black bolt action rifle as well as 289 rounds of .22 caliber long rifle bullets, 71 rounds of 12-guage shotgun ammunition, and two rounds of .223 rifle ammunition, a machete with a 12 -inch blade, an 18 -inch billy club and a 28-inch barrel and a removable stock, both typically used for a shotgun from the truck.
Stockert was not registered to own a firearm in any jurisdiction, authorities said.
More International News Stories
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019