Share This On:
In partnership with the edibles maker Maya Elisabeth, Goldberg is launching a medical marijuana line of products specifically for women. The Whoopi & Maya line will include four marijuana-infused products: a balm, tincture, sipping chocolate and bath soak. The products are intended to reduce and relieve pain and cramps during menstruation.
When it comes to the marijuana industry, many celebrities have beaten Goldberg to the punch. This past February, Bob Marley’s family released a collection of “Marley Natural” cannabis and lifestyle products inspired by the deceased marijuana enthusiast. Snoop Dogg also recently released his “Leafs by Snoop” cannabis product line.
However, Goldberg’s is uniquely targeted at women and the problem of period pain. Goldberg, who openly acknowledges using marijuana, told Glamour that the marijuana industry has not been entirely accepting of her business plan.
I have a daughter and two granddaughters who inherited my horrific menstrual cramps… Being a pot smoker for years, I talked to a lot of men in the marijuana business about developing something for period relief, and they always came back with ‘That’s too niche a market.’… Half of the planet is not a niche market!
More International News Stories
- Former South Carolina deputy arrested for sex with teen in patrol car November 21, 2019
- US judge temporarily stops 1st federal execution in 16 years November 21, 2019
- DC priest says he was ‘too busy’ to abuse parishioners November 21, 2019
- Family drags uncle’s corpse to insurance company to prove he’s dead November 21, 2019
- British Airways says flights hit by glitch November 21, 2019