Share This On:
A SWAT team surrounded the home near Belfair, Wash., in a standoff with the yet-unidentified man who told a 911 dispatcher he shot four people, Mason County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Ryan Spurling said. Authorities later confirmed he had fatally shot himself and four other people were found dead,The Seattle Times reported.
The gunman “apparently came outside the home and shot himself,” said Sheriff Casey Salisbury. “It’s a terrible tragedy.”
Negotiators spoke with the armed man and then got into the home as deputies tried to confirm the victims and capture him, Spurling said. The sheriff’s officeposted photos of squad cars lined up on a gravel roadway and armored officers with guns ready in the piney terrain roughly 25 miles southwest of Seattle.
The man had said at 9:37 a.m. local time he had shot his wife and children and was holding a gun to his own head, officials told KIRO-TV. Authorities said an emergency crew drove a responsive girl from the home to a nearby hospital for evaluation.
More International News Stories
- France launches bedbug hotline in campaign to stamp out the itchy menace February 21, 2020
- Two killed, 70 injured in horrific 200-car pileup near Montreal February 21, 2020
- Over 500 cases of coronavirus reported in Chinese prisons February 21, 2020
- Ukrainians hurl stones at evacuees from China February 21, 2020
- India builds wall along slum ahead of Trump visit February 20, 2020
- Texas-based company has reportedly created a coronavirus vaccine February 20, 2020
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020