Share This On:
ASSOCIATED PRESS – A 19-year-old Houston man is dead after police say he accidentally shot himself while taking ‘selfies’ while holding a gun.
Deleon Alonso Smith died of a gunshot wound to the throat about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment in southwestern Houston.
Investigators say Smith had found a gun and was taking pictures of himself and a cousin while holding the weapon and posting them to social media websites when the gun discharged, killing Smith.
Investigators say the cousin was in another room when the gun fired.
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- George Floyd’s brother condemns violence, calls for peace
- South Africans cheer as alcohol goes back on sale
- George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US
- What happened in the last moments of George Floyd’s life
- India: Woman gives birth, then walks 160km with her newborn baby
- New York pastor says his parish lost 44 people to coronavirus
- Afghanistan: ‘Sheer evil’ maternity ward attack death toll rises to 24
- Venezuelan opposition advisers resign after failed operation to oust Nicolas Maduro