Share This On:
ASSOCIATED PRESS – A 19-year-old Houston man is dead after police say he accidentally shot himself while taking ‘selfies’ while holding a gun.
Deleon Alonso Smith died of a gunshot wound to the throat about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment in southwestern Houston.
Investigators say Smith had found a gun and was taking pictures of himself and a cousin while holding the weapon and posting them to social media websites when the gun discharged, killing Smith.
Investigators say the cousin was in another room when the gun fired.
More International News Stories
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019
- Britain’s largest family expecting 22nd child October 22, 2019
- At least 55 elephants starved to death in Zimbabwe drought October 21, 2019
- Same-sex marriage and abortion now legal in Northern Ireland October 21, 2019
- Man kills himself after suffering months-long toothache October 21, 2019