Share This On:
AP – A 6-month-old girl died Thursday after being tossed from a sixth-floor window of an apartment building, witnesses and police said, the third child killed that way in the city in three months.
The New York Police Department said a 27-year-old woman believed to be the infant’s mother was in the Bronx apartment with four children at the time. The three other children — a 10-year-old boy, an 8-year-old girl and a 3-year-old girl — were taken to a hospital but were not injured, police said.
The woman was taken from the home in the Fordham Heights neighborhood to a hospital for an evaluation. No charges have been filed. Police identified her as Tenisha Fearon.
The Fire Department said a call came in about a child outside a window shortly before 2 p.m. at the building on Tiebout Street.
The baby was taken to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead, police said.
A witness told WABC that Fearon had been dangling the child outside of the window.
More International News Stories
- Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi crowned Miss Universe 2019 December 9, 2019
- Canada’s first ‘body farm’ will study how dead bodies decompose December 9, 2019
- Maine man charged with turning church playroom into meth lab December 9, 2019
- Pakistan paramedic ‘stole baby to give to childless aunt’ December 9, 2019
- Serial rapist Joseph McCann given 33 life sentences December 9, 2019