Share This On:
Bureaux de change at 17 airports across the UK are showing the average rate available as just 99 euro cents to the pound.
Moneycorp at Southampton airport features the lowest rate, at just €0.88 to one pound, while the best rate is €1.06 at the Change Group at Glasgow Prestwick, according to a survey by currency exchange firm FairFx.
The US dollar rates were not much better.
The survey found that travellers were getting rates as low as $0.97 to the pound from ForExchange at Cardiff airport.
More International News Stories
- R Kelly charged with paying bribe before marrying Aaliyah December 6, 2019
- Our cell phones are causing more head and neck injuries, study shows December 6, 2019
- Flesh-eating bacteria linked to heroin use kills 7 in California December 6, 2019
- Doctors revive woman whose heart stopped for six hours December 6, 2019
- Banana duct-taped to wall art installation sells for $120k in Miami December 6, 2019
- Suit filed challenging social media disclosure rule for US visas December 6, 2019
- Uber reports more than 3,000 sexual assaults on rides in 2018 December 6, 2019