Share This On:
Dekota Locklear of Lumberton, N.C., was pulled from his car for being too drunk to drive as he rolled past a DWI checkpoint on W. 158th St. near the Henry Hudson Parkway about 2 a.m., officials said.
Cops handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police cruiser, but the booze-fueled Locklear had other plans, officials said.
With no partition to stop him, he crawled to the front of the idling cop car and drove off with it — nearly hitting a police officer as he sped away, officials said.
Locklear then took it on a 13-mile joyride to Saw Mill River Road in Yonkers, where he abandoned the car and ran off.
More International News Stories
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019