Share This On:
Dekota Locklear of Lumberton, N.C., was pulled from his car for being too drunk to drive as he rolled past a DWI checkpoint on W. 158th St. near the Henry Hudson Parkway about 2 a.m., officials said.
Cops handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police cruiser, but the booze-fueled Locklear had other plans, officials said.
With no partition to stop him, he crawled to the front of the idling cop car and drove off with it — nearly hitting a police officer as he sped away, officials said.
Locklear then took it on a 13-mile joyride to Saw Mill River Road in Yonkers, where he abandoned the car and ran off.
- India: Woman gives birth, then walks 160km with her newborn baby
- New York pastor says his parish lost 44 people to coronavirus
- Afghanistan: ‘Sheer evil’ maternity ward attack death toll rises to 24
- Venezuelan opposition advisers resign after failed operation to oust Nicolas Maduro
- ‘Oldest woman in Spain’ beats COVID-19 at age 113
- UK rail worker dies with COVID-19 after being spat at
- Babies killed as gunmen storm maternity ward in Afghanistan
- IRS wants relief cheques sent to the dead taxpayers returned
- Father, son charged with killing black man Ahmaud Arbery