Share This On:
She will instead be imprisoned, Sri Lankan Deputy Foreign Minister Dr Harsha de Silva announced.
An appeal by Sri Lanka was considered by Saudi Arabia and the execution order was withdrawn, he said.
The woman was convicted in August, along with an unmarried Sri Lankan man.
She was sentenced to death by stoning, while the man was sentenced to 100 lashes.
More International News Stories
- Britain’s largest family expecting 22nd child October 22, 2019
- At least 55 elephants starved to death in Zimbabwe drought October 21, 2019
- Same-sex marriage and abortion now legal in Northern Ireland October 21, 2019
- Man kills himself after suffering months-long toothache October 21, 2019
- Tupac Shakur arrested for attacking cops in Tennessee October 21, 2019
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019