Share This On:
The unidentified sub-inspector was trying to break up the fight at a coastal resort 70 kilometres (44 miles) south of Colombo on Sunday night when the man bit him ferociously through his khaki trousers.
“The officer is in intensive care. He underwent emergency surgery to re-attach a part that was bitten off,” a senior officer in the area told AFP.
“The suspect had been intoxicated at the time, but he is now in custody and will be charged for causing grievous hurt to a police officer.”
More International News Stories
- Black Texas teen told to cut his dreadlocks to walk at graduation January 23, 2020
- Snakes could be the source of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak January 23, 2020
- US to impose visa restrictions for pregnant women January 23, 2020
- China shuts down more cities in bid to contain deadly virus January 23, 2020
- Venezuela has less cash in its coffers than Jay-Z is worth January 22, 2020
- Man cleared of murder walks free after 28 years in prison January 22, 2020