Share This On:
The unidentified sub-inspector was trying to break up the fight at a coastal resort 70 kilometres (44 miles) south of Colombo on Sunday night when the man bit him ferociously through his khaki trousers.
“The officer is in intensive care. He underwent emergency surgery to re-attach a part that was bitten off,” a senior officer in the area told AFP.
“The suspect had been intoxicated at the time, but he is now in custody and will be charged for causing grievous hurt to a police officer.”
More International News Stories
- Former South Carolina deputy arrested for sex with teen in patrol car November 21, 2019
- US judge temporarily stops 1st federal execution in 16 years November 21, 2019
- DC priest says he was ‘too busy’ to abuse parishioners November 21, 2019
- Family drags uncle’s corpse to insurance company to prove he’s dead November 21, 2019
- British Airways says flights hit by glitch November 21, 2019