Share This On:
The unidentified sub-inspector was trying to break up the fight at a coastal resort 70 kilometres (44 miles) south of Colombo on Sunday night when the man bit him ferociously through his khaki trousers.
“The officer is in intensive care. He underwent emergency surgery to re-attach a part that was bitten off,” a senior officer in the area told AFP.
“The suspect had been intoxicated at the time, but he is now in custody and will be charged for causing grievous hurt to a police officer.”
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019