Share This On:
President Barack Obama announced sanctions against four Russian individuals for what it said was election interference Thursday.
He also ordered 35 Russian diplomats to leave the country and two Russian compounds in the US to be closed.
The response was swift — and sour.
The Russian embassy in London posted a tweet of a duckling with the word “Lame” over the top, calling the action “Cold War déjà vu.”
It added: “As everybody, including American people, will be glad to see the last of this hapless Adm.”
More International News Stories
- Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi crowned Miss Universe 2019 December 9, 2019
- Canada’s first ‘body farm’ will study how dead bodies decompose December 9, 2019
- Maine man charged with turning church playroom into meth lab December 9, 2019
- Pakistan paramedic ‘stole baby to give to childless aunt’ December 9, 2019
- Serial rapist Joseph McCann given 33 life sentences December 9, 2019