Share This On:
A pair of EMTs from Jamaica Hospital mistakenly pronounced 32-year-old Diana Rodriguez dead after finding her lying in a pool of blood inside a home on 115th St. near 103rd Ave. in Richmond Hill just after 9 a.m., sources said. A friend of the woman’s said she later died, as did a police source.
A distraught Rodriguez had been on the phone with her boyfriend, threatening to kill herself, when she placed a rifle to her head and pulled the trigger, sources said. The panicked boyfriend, who was in Ohio, heard the gunshot echo across the phone line. He hung up and called her sister, who then called police.
The rifle belonged to the boyfriend, sources said.
NYPD officers from the 106th Precinct responded to the two-story home and the EMTs from Jamaica Hospital, who often respond to 911 calls, were the first medical team to arrive.
More International News Stories
- Former South Carolina deputy arrested for sex with teen in patrol car November 21, 2019
- US judge temporarily stops 1st federal execution in 16 years November 21, 2019
- DC priest says he was ‘too busy’ to abuse parishioners November 21, 2019
- Family drags uncle’s corpse to insurance company to prove he’s dead November 21, 2019
- British Airways says flights hit by glitch November 21, 2019