Share This On:
A pair of EMTs from Jamaica Hospital mistakenly pronounced 32-year-old Diana Rodriguez dead after finding her lying in a pool of blood inside a home on 115th St. near 103rd Ave. in Richmond Hill just after 9 a.m., sources said. A friend of the woman’s said she later died, as did a police source.
A distraught Rodriguez had been on the phone with her boyfriend, threatening to kill herself, when she placed a rifle to her head and pulled the trigger, sources said. The panicked boyfriend, who was in Ohio, heard the gunshot echo across the phone line. He hung up and called her sister, who then called police.
The rifle belonged to the boyfriend, sources said.
NYPD officers from the 106th Precinct responded to the two-story home and the EMTs from Jamaica Hospital, who often respond to 911 calls, were the first medical team to arrive.
More International News Stories
- Venezuela has less cash in its coffers than Jay-Z is worth January 22, 2020
- Man cleared of murder walks free after 28 years in prison January 22, 2020
- I want to apologise to the Queen, says Meghan’s father Thomas Markle January 22, 2020
- Screening in UK as 17 killed by ‘mutating’ coronavirus January 22, 2020
- US gets 1st case of mysterious new Chinese illness January 22, 2020
- US: Teacher pleads guilty to having sexual contact with her students January 22, 2020
- China warns virus may spread as death toll hits 9 January 22, 2020