Share This On:
A pair of EMTs from Jamaica Hospital mistakenly pronounced 32-year-old Diana Rodriguez dead after finding her lying in a pool of blood inside a home on 115th St. near 103rd Ave. in Richmond Hill just after 9 a.m., sources said. A friend of the woman’s said she later died, as did a police source.
A distraught Rodriguez had been on the phone with her boyfriend, threatening to kill herself, when she placed a rifle to her head and pulled the trigger, sources said. The panicked boyfriend, who was in Ohio, heard the gunshot echo across the phone line. He hung up and called her sister, who then called police.
The rifle belonged to the boyfriend, sources said.
NYPD officers from the 106th Precinct responded to the two-story home and the EMTs from Jamaica Hospital, who often respond to 911 calls, were the first medical team to arrive.
More International News Stories
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019