Share This On:
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS – A police sniper killed a father holding a knife to his 3-year-old daughter’s throat inside an Olympia, Wash., home after he attacked his cousin Sunday, authorities said.
The SWAT sharpshooter gunned down the unidentified man with one shot at around 8:30 p.m. local time after watching the suspect use the little girl as a human shield, Thurston County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Cliff Ziesemer said.
The father barricaded himself in a bedroom with the girl, authorities saw through the home’s window.
“They could see he was holding a knife against his daughter — using her as a shield,” Ziesemer told KOMO-TV. “We felt her life was in danger.”
The girl was not hurt during the ordeal.
- George Floyd’s killer Derek Chauvin moved to maximum-security prison
- US: Cop removes his fellow colleague’s knee from protester’s neck, video shows
- 5 dead in new Ebola outbreak in Congo
- Trump says he is mobilizing ‘heavily armed’ military to stop protests
- UPDATE: George Floyd death was ‘homicide’ caused by ‘neck compression’ — official autopsy
- George Floyd died of asphyxia, according to private post-mortem
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- George Floyd’s brother condemns violence, calls for peace
- South Africans cheer as alcohol goes back on sale