Share This On:
Duterte starts a four-day state visit to China on Tuesday at the invitation of his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping.
The visit will help him better understand China, Duterte told Xinhua in an exclusive interview on Thursday.
He spoke highly of the Chinese government and people, saying that China boasts hard-working people and “good, sound policies, internal and external.”
“I would say that China deserves the kind of respect that China now enjoys,” he added.
Duterte also lauded China’s commitment to and generosity of helping others as a major player of the international community, adding that besides its own development, China has never forgotten those underdeveloped nations, as illustrated by its devotion to helping African and Southeast Asian countries to promote development.
More International News Stories
- Venezuela has less cash in its coffers than Jay-Z is worth January 22, 2020
- Man cleared of murder walks free after 28 years in prison January 22, 2020
- I want to apologise to the Queen, says Meghan’s father Thomas Markle January 22, 2020
- Screening in UK as 17 killed by ‘mutating’ coronavirus January 22, 2020
- US gets 1st case of mysterious new Chinese illness January 22, 2020
- US: Teacher pleads guilty to having sexual contact with her students January 22, 2020
- China warns virus may spread as death toll hits 9 January 22, 2020