Share This On:
Duterte starts a four-day state visit to China on Tuesday at the invitation of his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping.
The visit will help him better understand China, Duterte told Xinhua in an exclusive interview on Thursday.
He spoke highly of the Chinese government and people, saying that China boasts hard-working people and “good, sound policies, internal and external.”
“I would say that China deserves the kind of respect that China now enjoys,” he added.
Duterte also lauded China’s commitment to and generosity of helping others as a major player of the international community, adding that besides its own development, China has never forgotten those underdeveloped nations, as illustrated by its devotion to helping African and Southeast Asian countries to promote development.
- Gambia demands probe after US police shoot dead diplomat’s son
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- US: Sister of suspected ISIS terrorist shot dead while trying to stab cop
- George Floyd’s killer Derek Chauvin moved to maximum-security prison
- US: Cop removes his fellow colleague’s knee from protester’s neck, video shows
- 5 dead in new Ebola outbreak in Congo
- Trump says he is mobilizing ‘heavily armed’ military to stop protests
- UPDATE: George Floyd death was ‘homicide’ caused by ‘neck compression’ — official autopsy