Share This On:
They intercepted the $10m (£7.6m) worth of cocaine inside a huge diamante-encrusted statue of a horse’s head.
The shipment of 35kg (77lb) bricks was air-freighted from Mexico to the city of Auckland in May.
An American and two Mexicans were arrested over the weekend following a six-week investigation.
The horse’s head weighed 365kg and was 1m (3ft) tall, the New Zealand Herald reported.
- 5 dead in new Ebola outbreak in Congo
- Trump says he is mobilizing ‘heavily armed’ military to stop protests
- UPDATE: George Floyd death was ‘homicide’ caused by ‘neck compression’ — official autopsy
- George Floyd died of asphyxia, according to private post-mortem
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- George Floyd’s brother condemns violence, calls for peace
- South Africans cheer as alcohol goes back on sale
- George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US
- What happened in the last moments of George Floyd’s life