Share This On:
They intercepted the $10m (£7.6m) worth of cocaine inside a huge diamante-encrusted statue of a horse’s head.
The shipment of 35kg (77lb) bricks was air-freighted from Mexico to the city of Auckland in May.
An American and two Mexicans were arrested over the weekend following a six-week investigation.
The horse’s head weighed 365kg and was 1m (3ft) tall, the New Zealand Herald reported.
More International News Stories
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019
- US: 10-y-o girl commits suicide; police suggest she was bullied October 15, 2019