Share This On:
A New York woman faces a year in jail for violating an order of protection involving her former sister-in-law — because the violator linked the woman in a Facebook post that called her “stupid.”
Maria Gonzalez tried to argue that the protection order “did not specifically prohibit [her] from Facebook communication” with her former sister-in-law, Maribel Calderon.
Westchester County Supreme Court Justice Susan Capeci disagreed, writing, “The order of protection prohibited the defendant from contacting the protected party by electronic or any other means.”
The order against Gonzalez was related to her divorce from Calderon’s brother, Rafael Calderon.
More International News Stories
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019
- US: 10-y-o girl commits suicide; police suggest she was bullied October 15, 2019