Share This On:
HUFFINGTON POST – A man in Jackson, Tennessee, who adopted a dog Thursday morning ended up being killed by the canine just a few hours later.
Anthony Riggs, 57, adopted the 5-year-old male Rottweiler from Jackson-Madison County Rabies Control, the area’s animal control agency, shortly before 10 a.m., The Jackson Sun reports.
Riggs’ ex-wife said he was a good man who loved animals.
“He never hesitated to be with dogs,” Adrienne Riggs told the paper. “Sometimes I thought he related to dogs better than to people.”
By 3:30 p.m., Riggs was dead in his home and officers were investigating the incident. His wife, Kathy Riggs, dropped by their home with a coworker in the afternoon and found her husband dead.
“The husband was all chewed up,” Madison County Sheriff’s Dept. spokesman Tom Mapes told The Huffington Post. “There was blood everywhere. The sheriff’s report said [Riggs] was found ‘mortally wounded on the floor from the dog attack.'”
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Snapchat stops promoting Donald Trump’s account
- Police plea for help as German suspect revealed in Madeleine McCann disappearance
- Russia: President Putin declares state of emergency after Arctic Circle oil spill
- Brazil looks to reopen despite record coronavirus deaths
- Gambia demands probe after US police shoot dead diplomat’s son
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- US: Sister of suspected ISIS terrorist shot dead while trying to stab cop