Share This On:
The rapper was being examined for severe sleep deprivation before paramedics were called Monday afternoon when he was ‘acting erratically,’ according to TMZ.
Sources told NBC News that West, 39, was hospitalized “for his own health and safety.”
Cops were called to the home of his trainer, Harley Pasternak, around 1 p.m. on Monday to conduct a welfare check after receiving reports of the odd behavior, TMZ reported.
West initially opposed going to the hospital before being convinced, and was handcuffed to the gurney while being transported, the gossip site reported.
The LAPD classified the case a “medical emergency” and handed it off to the Los Angeles Fire Department, according to the Los Angeles Times.
More International News Stories
- WHO raises global virus risk to maximum level February 28, 2020
- Pope sick a 2nd day with apparent cold, cancels audiences February 28, 2020
- Mexico declares first case of coronavirus February 28, 2020
- Virus to cost world tourism at least $22 bn — WTTC February 28, 2020
- Belgian wine alert after woman dies from sip of MDMA drug February 28, 2020
- E. coli gut infection linked to bowel cancer February 27, 2020
- Facebook bans ads with false claims about coronavirus February 27, 2020
- Coronavirus patient in Brazil marks Latin America’s first case February 26, 2020