INTERNATIONAL: Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: Deaths rise to 41, with 239 hurt
June 29, 2016
Share This On:
BBC – The death toll in a gun and suicide bomb attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport has risen to 41, 13 of them foreign nationals, with 239 injured, the Turkish city’s governor says.
Three attackers arrived in a taxi and began firing at the terminal entrance late on Tuesday. They blew themselves up after police fired back.
PM Binali Yildirim said early signs pointed to so-called Islamic State.
However, no-one has so far admitted carrying out the attack.
Turkey has declared Wednesday a day of national mourning.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY
This article was posted in its entirety as received by stlucianewsonline.com.
This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries.
The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of stlucianewsonline.com, its sponsors or advertisers.