Share This On:
The beheadings took place in the eastern Deir al-Zor province this week, said Rami Abdulrahman, head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which tracks the conflict using sources on the ground.
One of the women was beheaded along with her husband in Deir al-Zor city. In al-Mayadeen city to the southeast, the group beheaded another woman and her husband. All of them were accused of sorcery, the monitor said.
Islamic State has beheaded local and foreign men in Syria, including enemy combatants, aid workers and journalists as well as people it has deemed to be violating its hardline interpretation of Islamic law.
- India: Woman gives birth, then walks 160km with her newborn baby
- New York pastor says his parish lost 44 people to coronavirus
- Afghanistan: ‘Sheer evil’ maternity ward attack death toll rises to 24
- Venezuelan opposition advisers resign after failed operation to oust Nicolas Maduro
- ‘Oldest woman in Spain’ beats COVID-19 at age 113
- UK rail worker dies with COVID-19 after being spat at
- Babies killed as gunmen storm maternity ward in Afghanistan
- IRS wants relief cheques sent to the dead taxpayers returned
- Father, son charged with killing black man Ahmaud Arbery