Share This On:
RT – A man in Kanpur, India put his wife at stake in a cricket match. He bet only for his team to lose, which in turn meant he lost his wife.
Ravinder Singh is reported to have lost all his money in the share markets so he decided to use his wife, Jasmeet Kaur, as leverage for a risky bet on an Indian Premier League encounter.
Kaur only learned of her fate after her husband’s rival gamblers began harassing her at home and at the boutique which she owns.
Kaur alerted police to the harassment and also lodged a complaint against her husband, with an investigation launched into the matter.
Authorities must first find Singh though after he fled following his losing bet, according to the Times of India.
More International News Stories
- Fake German doctor who coaxed women to electrocute themselves jailed January 20, 2020
- Immune discovery ‘may treat all cancer’ January 20, 2020
- Elderly couple die on same day after spending 65 years together January 20, 2020
- Human-to-human transmission confirmed in China coronavirus January 20, 2020
- Malaysia sends back trash, says won’t be world’s waste bin January 20, 2020
- Prince Harry: ‘Powerful media’ is why he’s stepping away January 20, 2020
- At least 75 inmates escape from Paraguayan prison near Brazil border January 20, 2020
- Pompeo looks forward to meeting with Venezuela’s Guaido in Colombia January 20, 2020