Share This On:
RT – A man in Kanpur, India put his wife at stake in a cricket match. He bet only for his team to lose, which in turn meant he lost his wife.
Ravinder Singh is reported to have lost all his money in the share markets so he decided to use his wife, Jasmeet Kaur, as leverage for a risky bet on an Indian Premier League encounter.
Kaur only learned of her fate after her husband’s rival gamblers began harassing her at home and at the boutique which she owns.
Kaur alerted police to the harassment and also lodged a complaint against her husband, with an investigation launched into the matter.
Authorities must first find Singh though after he fled following his losing bet, according to the Times of India.
More International News Stories
- Trump’s lawyers: Abuse of power not a crime January 21, 2020
- Iranian lawmaker offers $3 million reward to ‘whoever kills Trump’ January 21, 2020
- Countries around world gear up response to new coronavirus January 21, 2020
- Fake German doctor who coaxed women to electrocute themselves jailed January 20, 2020
- Immune discovery ‘may treat all cancer’ January 20, 2020
- Elderly couple die on same day after spending 65 years together January 20, 2020