Share This On:
A suspected burglar died after he was chomped by a gator while hiding from police near Barefoot Bay, Brevard County sheriffs said.
Authorities found Matthew Riggins’ body on Nov. 23 in a lake. As police tried to pull the remains from the body of water, they were almost attacked by an aggressive 11-foot alligator, Major Tod Goodyear said in a statement.
After the gator was euthanized by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, forensic investigators found the 22-year-old burglary suspect’s hand and foot inside the reptile’s stomach, officials said.
“He hid in the wrong place,” Laura Farris, a Barefoot Bay resident told Bay News 9.
More International News Stories
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020
- Virus infects more than 1,700 health workers in China, 6 die February 14, 2020
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020
- UN: Congo’s ebola outbreak slows but still global emergency February 13, 2020
- Fall in new cases raises hope in virus outbreak in China February 13, 2020
- Coronavirus is a bigger threat than terrorism: World Health Organization February 12, 2020
- Pope rejects a proposal to allow married priests in the Amazon February 12, 2020