Share This On:
The Tibetan Buddhist spiritual leader, speaking Tuesday in Paris, said that dialogue “is the only way,” but didn’t elaborate on how it should take place or with whom. He insisted that Islam should never be conflated with terrorism.
He also urged European countries to take in refugees, such as those fleeing Syria’s war, but said European governments should also work toward ending the war so that the refugees can go home.
The Dalai Lama himself fled Tibet and lives in exile in India. He is on a weeklong visit to France for conferences on the environment and spirituality.
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019