Share This On:
HUFFINGTON POST – A 2-year-old boy had to fend for himself for days after his mother and baby brother died inside their Hollywood apartment, according to police.
The Los Angeles Police Department was called to the home of a 43-year-old woman on Monday, after a man reported hearing a child’s screams coming from inside the second-floor apartment.
First responders reportedly made the horrific discovery when they stepped inside.
“The fire department came in and found the 2-year-old child crying and the bodies of a 1-year-old boy and an adult female,” LAPD spokeswoman Liliana Preciado told The Huffington Post.
The woman’s body was found on the floor and the deceased child was found seated next to her, strapped into a feeding chair, police said.
According to Preciado, a preliminary investigation indicates the 1-year-old “was being fed when the female appears to have collapsed and [then] the child suffocated with food.”
More International News Stories
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020
- Virus infects more than 1,700 health workers in China, 6 die February 14, 2020
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020
- UN: Congo’s ebola outbreak slows but still global emergency February 13, 2020
- Fall in new cases raises hope in virus outbreak in China February 13, 2020
- Coronavirus is a bigger threat than terrorism: World Health Organization February 12, 2020
- Pope rejects a proposal to allow married priests in the Amazon February 12, 2020