Share This On:
BBC – The finding does not mean the virus can be readily transmitted through these bodily fluids.
Meanwhile, the US has advised men to abstain from sex or use condoms after visiting affected countries, if their partner is pregnant.
The US Centers for Disease Control believes a recent case of Zika was spread through sex.
While Zika is normally mild, the infection has been linked to thousands of suspected birth defects.
The updated advice says avoiding mosquitoes remains the best way to prevent infection, but advises men returning from affected countries to “correctly use condoms during sex or abstain from sexual activity for the duration of the pregnancy”.
More Health Stories
- Funding for OECS Regional Health Project December 4, 2019
- Legislation governing employment at new hospital discussed December 4, 2019
- Update on reopening and closure of wellness centres December 3, 2019
- World AIDS Day community outreach activities December 3, 2019
- Message from the President of NCPD December 3, 2019
- Consultancy for the Owen King EU Hospital December 2, 2019
- World AIDS Day community outreach activities November 29, 2019
- Eating banana skin can help with ‘better sleep and weight loss’ November 28, 2019