Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The island experienced a total electrical system shutdown at approximately 7:55 a.m. on Tuesday, January 21.
The power outage was caused by a major internal fault at the Cul De Sac power station. The fault triggered the protection systems at the power station, resulting in a total System shutdown.
After the faulted zone was isolated, appropriate checks and inspections commenced, and the process of restoring the system was initiated. Power restoration started around 9:05 a.m. and was completed at 10:13 a.m.
LUCELEC is investigating the root cause of the problem
LUCELEC apologises to its customers for this unplanned outage and for the inconvenience caused.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM