Share This On:
The company and the NWU are currently at negotiations aimed at concluding another industrial agreement on behalf of workers employed therewith. It has been discovered, that the company is not meeting its obligations relating to some provisions in the first industrial agreement.
The Manager has made it very clear that he is not coming to the office of the Department of Labour in Castries to continue discussions.
The NWU has attended all conciliatory meetings summoned by the Acting Labour Commissioner in Vieux Fort.
The NWU is of the opinion that the company is attempting to frustrate the process and deny the workers an early resolution so that payments could be made for Easter 2014.
The NWU says it is willing to meet urgently to resolve this matter.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019
- NWU Secretary General elected to serve on Regional Council November 21, 2019
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019