Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The leadership of the British Caribbean Chamber of Commerce in Saint Lucia has held a series of meetings with government officials and business principles with the hope of seeing more investments out of the United Kingdom.
Meetings have been held with Prime Minister Dr. Kenny Anthony who declared Saint Lucia open for business as green shoots of economic recovery were now evident here.
The Prime Minister gave the delegation an upbeat report on signs of economic growth and potential, while the BCCC Saint Lucia Chamber members expressed their optimism at increasing investment trends out of the UK.
In particular the meeting addressed the opportunities for Agro-Commerce and stimulating and reviving the under-utilised agricultural sector. Discussions were also held with Commerce Minister Emma Hippolyte and McHale Andrew, CEO of Invest Saint Lucia.
During discussions with Minister Hippolyte, Dr Ian Kelly raised the prospects of including Saint Lucian participants in future cultural events in the United Kingdom as a way of raising awareness of brand Saint Lucia.
More Development Stories
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019
- Blanchard Community Center to be refurbished November 28, 2019
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019
- Routine repairs to Grill at Bisee junction November 21, 2019
- Soufriere Police Station renovations complete November 21, 2019